Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Big Thanks!!

Tuesday, January 24, 2011
Hi ALL,
        We (Melanie, Kenny and Taya) Would like to first start off thanking all of you for all that you have done for our family! Especially prayers :) We will take all we can get with those :)! We have been so blessed and are so appreciative for that.
           Kenny has been on the B-Raff pills for over a month now and since then he has had 2 checkups. The first one being on the 11th with Kenny's case doctor Dr. Grossman. Before we met with the Doc. Kenny had blood work done. While we were talking to the doc he pulled up his blood work and started to chuckle and said I have got to show you this. Kenny's liver numbers were shot through the roof when we first arrived back in November and according to the graph it's almost back to normal. :)! He said the pills he is taking are working so well on his body! We are so thankful for this little MIRACLE that our Heavenly Father has given us, along with many others he has given us in this trial we are going through. We feel it's because of all the prayers that have been said in Kenny's behalf. Once again we thank you for that! Doctor Grossman said judging by his liver numbers we are probably going to see much different scans (which he is scheduled for new scans on the 7th of February) then when we went in November. Which is a good thing.
          The next appointment he had was on the 18th of this month, to meet with the surgeon doc from when he had the rod put in his leg on the 1st of December.  We don't have much to report from this visit but Doctor Jones said that everything looked like it was healing well which is again another  blessing. He is still going to Physical therapy for it usually 3 times a week. Which he is getting stronger (YEAH)
           Kenny  is feeling really great! Which is AWESOME considering where he was at 2 months ago. His Heals and back are still pretty sore though. We have been very blessed to do some fun things together. Like going to the Utah Jazz home opener and sitting on the 4th ROW right smack in the middle :)! Being blessed with a great Christmas because of wonderful people. Going to Kenny's ol High school b-ball games. (this is a must for him and I sure am grateful that he is feeling well enough to go! ) We sure have been more appreciative for the simple things in life! We sure are blessed.
          Next up--Scans on Feb 7th! I am a little nervous. I am sure as time get's closer I will get a little more each day. I am confident that they will look better then when we first went in. Which is very comforting to me. I happen to finish the Old Testament in December which was a New years goal for me to finish it in a year. (I actully accomplished a NY goal, YEAH for me) But decided to start on the New Testament and in every chapter Jesus has healed someone. I feel that there is a very special reason that I am reading this. I believe that God can do what no man can't! Until then I am going to continue to pray that he will beat this! Which I feel he will. A lot of people have asked me what they can do for us. I would just ask you to pray ( which I know a lot of you are) but I believe there is power in numbers.
We just want to thank all of you again, you will never now the gratitude we have felt in our heart's for each of you and that is because there are not enough word's to describe it!
Love, Melanie Kenny and Taya

No comments:

Post a Comment